We're Here to Help You Through Hurricane Irma
A letter from Thasunda Duckett, CEO of the Consumer Bank at Chase
Dear Chase Customer,
We know many of you in Florida are facing challenges from Hurricane Irma, including power outages, flooding and just getting back home. TV footage has shown devastating winds, rain and unending water. We also have seen kindness and decency among neighbors and strangers.
Now, we are working hard to get back to serving you in our branches. We appreciate your patience because many of our employees evacuated, too, and we’re checking how our buildings fared in the storm.
Here’s how we're helping customers in FEMA-declared areas:
Automatically waiving or refunding through September 24:
- Late fees for mortgage, credit card, business banking and auto loans and leases
- Overdraft, service and ATM fees on consumer and business checking and savings accounts
Offering assistance to small business owners by reducing interest rates on certain new loans1 and waiving these one-time fees:
- The origination fee for installment loans
- The appraisal fee—up to $5,000—for loans on owner-occupied real estate
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) Express guarantee fee for loans of $150,000 to the program’s maximum of $350,000; there isn’t a fee on smaller loans
- The first-year annual fee for a business line of credit
We encourage you to:
- Update your contact information – especially your phone number and any temporary address – on chase.com from the Profile & settings page.
- Use the Chase Mobile® app2 or chase.com to do your banking. You can download the app anytime through your mobile device's app store.
- Use the branch locator on the Chase Mobile® app and locator.chase.com to get real-time information on hours of each branch.s
We’re here to help.
If you have questions about any Chase consumer or small business account, please call our special-care line at 1-888-356-0023. You can also get more information at chase.com/irma, on Facebook or @ChaseSupport on Twitter.
We’ll work together to help each other rebuild.
CEO of the Consumer Bank at Chase